Southern Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Bad weather blues? This recipe is sure to lift your spirits. Within a few minutes you'll be enjoying this with a hot cup of coffee. Fireplace? Bed and blanket? Either way, this one is a hit.
1⁄3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1⁄3 cup light brown sugar
1⁄2 cup pecans (chopped)
1⁄2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (sifted)
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together, then add in sour cream, eggs and vanilla.
- Sift flour salt, soda and baking powder.
- If you choose not to sift ingredients, cut flour back to 1 7/8 cup.
- With a mixer begin with flour mixture and add alternately with 1 cup sour cream mixture, ending with flour mix.
- Pour half of the batter in a greased and floured 9x12 pan, sprinkle with half of the sugar mixture, then remaining batter and finally sprinkle top with remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 27-30 minutes. Cool down for a few minutes.