Vanilla Champagne Cupcakes
Makes approximately one dozen cupcakes.
1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
|Vanilla Champagne Cupcakes|
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp champagne
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup shortening
4 cups powdered sugar
5 tbsp champagne
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cupcake pan with liners.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Add butter, eggs, vanilla, sour cream and champagne. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
4. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 of the way.
5. Bake 18-20 minutes.
6. Allow to cool for 5-7 minutes.
7. To make the frosting, combine the butter, shortening, and 2 cups of the powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
8. Add champagne and remaining powdered sugar. Mix until smooth, adding more champagne until desired consistency is reached.
9. Garnish cupcakes with frosting, strawberries, and sprinkles.